Slow Cooker Black Beans
Slow Cooker Black Beans are incredibly easy, affordable and delicious. The bay leaves, onion and garlic impart amazing flavor.
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 6-8 hrs
- Total Time: 6-8 hrs + 5 min.
- Yield: 6 cups 1x
- Category: Side
- Method: Slow Cooker
- 1 lb Dried black beans, rinsed
- Water, enough to cover by 2-3 inches
- 3 Bay leaves
- 2 tsp. Salt
- 4 Garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 Red, Yellow or White onion, roughly chopped
- Combine all ingredients in the slow cooker. Stir to combine. Cook on low 6-8 hrs. The black beans should be soft when done. Remove the bay leaves after cooking.
- At this point, you can drain the black beans, but I like to reserve some of the liquid for Black Bean Soup or to serve over rice.
- Black beans will keep in the fridge for 1 week or in the freezer for 2-3 months.
You can crush the garlic and cut the onion into quarters if you would like to remove them after cooking. You will still get the flavor.
Keywords: black beans, slow cooker