A super easy snack, these Apple Nachos will be a hit with your kids. Prep the ingredients and let them make their own.
As an Amazon affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
The best part about a snack is that it can be prepared very quickly with very few ingredients. These apple nachos are a perfect snack because all you need to do is slice up an apple and sprinkle on your favorite toppings. A drizzle of melted peanut butter (or sunflower butter) finishes it off.
Apple Nachos Ingredients
Apples: You can use your favorite variety of apple. My favorites are Gala and Fuji, but any variety will work well.
Peanut Butter: Again, any variety will work well. If you have nut allergies, feel free to substitute with an alternative like sunflower butter.
Chocolate Chips and Chopped Peanuts: For these toppings, mini chocolate chips work perfectly, but any chocolate will do. And the chopped peanuts can be substituted for cashews, pecans or pistachios or left off entirely.
That's it! It's a super simple snack perfect for after school or a mid-morning munch.
Additional Topping Options
Because this recipe is just a few components, you can mix and match so many different options to personalize the flavor to your taste.
- Butterscotch Chips
- Vanilla Yogurt
- Raisins or Dried Cranberries
- Crushed Pretzels
- Shredded Coconut
- Chocolate Sauce
- Caramel Sauce
- Chopped Candies (Rolos, M&M's, Snickers)
- Whipped Cream
Any of the above toppings will work perfectly for your apple nachos!
More Apple Recipes
Apple Nachos Recipe
- 1 apple, your favorite variety
- 1-2 Tablespoons Peanut butter or Nut butter
- 1 Tablespoon Chocolate chips
- 1 Tablespoon Peanuts, chopped
- Core and slice the apple into even slices. Arrange the apple slices on a plate
- Place peanut butter (or nut butter) in a microwave safe bowl or cup. Microwave for 20-30 seconds until the peanut butter is pourable. Drizzle over apple slices.
- Top the apple slices with chopped nuts and chocolate as desired.
The best part about this snack is that you can customize it however you want. Feel free to use vanilla yogurt or honey instead of peanut butter. Any dried fruit, chocolate sauce, mini candies or even whipped cream would be delicious. Set out all the toppings and let kids make their own.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 383Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gSodium: 140mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 5gSugar: 13gProtein: 7g