Ham and Cheese Crescent Ring is what’s for dinner tonight! On the table in 20 minutes and sure to please even my pickiest eater, it’s a go-to in our household. I’ll say it. Sometimes you just have to make a meal you know your kids will love. Nutritionally sound? Could be better. Organic? Definitely not. Quick, easy, and something they will actually eat? Ding, ding. We have a winner.
My daughter couldn’t help but be nosy as I was putting this Ham and Cheese Crescent Ring together. And isn’t that really the point of it all? I don’t know about you, but I hate wasting time on a meal she inevitably won’t eat. Of course, I still mandate a “thank you” bite, but I would much rather prefer she enjoy what I put in front of her without fuss.
Aside from being kid-friendly, you can switch out the ingredients for a boatload of combinations. Switch out the ham and cheese for chicken, bacon and colby jack cheese. You can even spread on some ranch dressing before adding the filling. Ooh, what about taco meat with cheese and salsa. Ok, I’m totally doing that next time.
Ham and Cheese Crescent Ring Assembly
Alright, back to this one. This no fuss meal will be on the table in less than 20 minutes, and I promise smiles from the kiddos. Add a salad and some fruit for a complete meal. If you’re feeling advantageous, you can start by whipping up a batch of crescent roll dough from scratch. I’ll be over here using store-bought.
- 1 Package Crescent Rolls
- 8 slices American Cheese, each slice folded in half and separated
- 16 slices Deli Ham
- 2 Tablespoons Melted Butter, optional
- 1 teaspoon Pretzel Salt, optional
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit
- Unroll and separate crescent rolls
- Arrange wide sides in a circle with thin ends pointing out
- Layer a piece of sliced cheese on each section
- Layer two slices of deli ham on each section
- Layer remaining cheese on each section
- Fold crescent dough over to encase filling
- Optional: Brush top with melted butter and sprinkle with pretzel salt
- Bake 11-14 minutes until golden brown
Feel free to play with the ingredients. As long as your ingredients are already cooked, your baking time will remain the same.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 276 Total Fat: 19g Saturated Fat: 10g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 6g Cholesterol: 81mg Sodium: 1693mg Carbohydrates: 7g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 3g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 20g
For even more family-friendly dishes, check out my Recipes page!
Do me a favor and leave a comment below or email me at sarah (at) feastforafraction.com to let me know what kinds of recipes you’re looking for or your biggest struggle in the kitchen. I’d love to hear from you!