With just 4 budget-friendly pantry ingredients, whip up these adorable Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Crackers for an easy, healthy snack or dessert the whole family will love.
As an Amazon affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
We’ve all snacked on graham crackers or saltines spread with peanut butter. So why not kick it up a bit for an even tastier and more filling snack. These chocolate peanut butter banana crackers would even make a healthy, kid-friendly dessert option. You could even have the kiddos help make their own!
So, this recipe really is so easy that I might not even be able to call it a recipe. We’ve got some basic pantry ingredients and from there, you can get as creative as you like. Below I’ve included a ton of different options to try!
Graham Crackers: I used regular graham crackers, but you could absolutely use honey or cinnamon graham crackers. You’ll need 4 whole graham crackers or 1 per person.
Peanut Butter: Use your favorite peanut butter. You’ll just need 1/4 cup total, or about 1 Tablespoon per person. You can also use your own homemade nut butter or even sunflower butter for an allergy-free and school safe option.
Banana: One banana will make about 4 of these graham cracker sandwiches. I would go for a just ripe banana as an overly ripe banana will be difficult to slice cleanly.
Chocolate Chips: Use whatever you have on hand – regular or mini, semi-sweet or dark chocolate. You can even use dairy-free chocolate chips to make this recipe dairy-free.
The beauty of this “recipe” is that you can use any number of ingredients for the filling:
- Swap the peanut butter for any nut butter or even hazelnut spread (or use both!)
- Add raisins or dried cranberries
- Swap the bananas for thinly sliced apples
- Add a bit of honey or maple syrup on top of the peanut butter
- Use white chocolate chips or peanut butter chips
How to Make Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Crackers
First, you’ll break the graham crackers into squares and spread peanut butter on each half. Then, top one half of the graham crackers with banana slices. Next, you’ll sandwich the graham crackers together to create a sandwich. Microwave the chocolate chips in 30 second intervals, stirring in between, until it is completely melted.
Then, dip your graham crackers in the chocolate and allow to cool for the chocolate to set. You can cool at room temperature for about 10 minutes or pop them in the fridge for a few minutes.
More Easy Snack Recipes
- 2-Ingredients Chocolate Pumpkin Muffins
- Cherry Chia Banana Smoothie
- Healthy Morning Glory Muffins
- Pumpkin Fluff Dip
- Easy Watermelon Smoothie
Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Crackers Recipe
Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Crackers
With just 4 pantry ingredients, whip up these adorable Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Crackers for a snack or healthy dessert the whole family will love. Swap out the ingredients for any number of variations!
- 4 whole graham crackers
- 1 banana
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (any variety)
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- Break the graham crackers in half to form two squares each.
- Spread about 1/2 Tablespoon peanut butter on each graham cracker square.
- Thinly slice the banana and place 2-3 slices on half of the graham crackers. Top with the other half of graham crackers to create a sandwich.
- Melt the chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl in 30 second intervals, stirring between each interval, until the chocolate is completely melted. (If your chocolate isn't melting easily, you can add 1 tsp of coconut oil to help smooth it out.)
- Dip the graham cracker sandwiches in the melted chocolate. Place on a cookie sheet or parchment lined plate and allow to cool for the chocolate to set - about 10 minutes at room temperature or 5 minutes in the fridge.
If your chocolate isn't melting smoothly, add 1 tsp of coconut oil or butter and stir to combine.
Make Ahead: You can make these sandwich crackers and store in the fridge for up to 2 days. If you make them without banana, they will keep in the fridge for up to a week.
Variations: Feel free to swap the peanut butter for cashew butter or other nut butter or even sunflower butter if you need a nut-free option. Use dairy-free chocolate chips if you require dairy-free. You can also swap the bananas for apple slices or raisins or dried cherries. You can also add honey or maple syrup or hazelnut spread if you like. This recipe will also work well with butter crackers or saltine crackers.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 290Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 148mgCarbohydrates: 36gFiber: 3gSugar: 20gProtein: 6g
5 thoughts on “Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Crackers”
What a great, delicious snack!
Think I’ve died and gone to heaven – absolutely delicious!
This is one of those “why didn’t I think of this” ideas! Kids loved ’em!
My daughter made your recipe and froze them. When she wants a snack she eats them from the freezer because she loves chocolate dipped frozen bananas. Her new favorite snack!! Thank you for the recipe!
These crackers are so good and addictive! Be sure to make extra 🙂