Crockpot Little Smokies are a tasty appetizer perfect for the Big Game or potlucks. Just 2 ingredients makes this easy to make and budget-friendly!
As an Amazon affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
When it comes to making something something to take to a potluck, you want something really easy and bonus points if it is affordable and feeds a crowd. For less than $7 total, this crockpot little smokies recipe will feed up to 16 people!
It’s sure to be a hit at your next Super Bowl party and you can even take your crockpot to keep it warm if you’re headed to a friend’s house.
Beef Cocktail Sausages: Also known as “little smokies,” these are mini smoked sausages. They can be found next to the deli meat at your grocery store.
BBQ Sauce: Feel free to use your favorite BBQ sauce or make a batch of homemade BBQ sauce. If you need recommendations for store-bought, I love Sweet Baby Ray’s flavors, but especially their Hickory Brown Sugar variety.
- Crockpot or Slow Cooker
- Measuring Cup
- Mixing Spoon
Variations of Little Smokies
Simply BBQ sauce is a classic, and it’s even better when you use homemade BBQ sauce, but there are lots of ways that you can change it up to keep things interesting.
- Try mixing 1 cup BBQ sauce with 1 cup grape jelly
- Add 2 Tablespoons of Balsamic vinegar to your BBQ sauce to give it a bright, rich flavor
- Replace 1/2 of the BBQ sauce in this recipe with apricot jelly or orange marmalade
- Use equal parts sweet chili sauce with grape jelly for some sweet heat
No matter which you choose, you have a really easy appetizer that takes less than 5 minutes prep. By cooking in the crockpot, it’s completely hands-off and you don’t have to take up space in the oven or on the stove.
Additionally, you should try this hot chipped beef dip at your next party!
When it’s time to go to your party, use a large rubber band to secure the lid to the handles of your crockpot if it doesn’t have a locking lid and it’ll be safe to transport with no worry of spills.
More Budget Appetizer Recipes
- Southern Pimento Cheese
- Budget-Friendly Game Day Appetizers
- Instant Pot Hummus (without tahini)
- Everything Bagel Cheese Ball
- Ham and Cheese Crescent Ring
Crockpot Little Smokies Recipe
- Combine cocktail sausages and BBQ sauce in crockpot. Stir to fully coat sausages in sauce.
- Cover and cook on Low for 60 minutes.
- Keep crockpot on low or warm setting while serving to maintain heat.
If using store-bought BBQ sauce, I highly recommend Sweet Baby Ray's.
Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 100Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 7mgSodium: 401mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 0gSugar: 12gProtein: 2g
For even more budget-friendly party recipes…
Make sure to follow me on Pinterest @feastforafraction