Crockpot Little Smokies are a tasty appetizer perfect for the Big Game or potlucks. Just 2 ingredients makes this easy to make and budget-friendly!
As an Amazon affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
When it comes to making something something to take to a potluck, you want something really easy and bonus points if it is affordable and feeds a crowd. For less than $7 total, this crockpot little smokies recipe will feed up to 16 people!
It’s sure to be a hit at your next Super Bowl party and you can even take your crockpot to keep it warm if you’re headed to a friend’s house.
Beef Cocktail Sausages: Also known as “little smokies,” these are mini smoked sausages. They can be found next to the deli meat at your grocery store.
BBQ Sauce: Feel free to use your favorite BBQ sauce or make a batch of homemade BBQ sauce. If you need recommendations for store-bought, I love Sweet Baby Ray’s flavors, but especially their Hickory Brown Sugar variety.
- Crockpot or Slow Cooker
- Measuring Cup
- Mixing Spoon
Variations of Little Smokies
Simply BBQ sauce is a classic, and it’s even better when you use homemade BBQ sauce, but there are lots of ways that you can change it up to keep things interesting.
- Try mixing 1 cup BBQ sauce with 1 cup grape jelly
- Add 2 Tablespoons of Balsamic vinegar to your BBQ sauce to give it a bright, rich flavor
- Replace 1/2 of the BBQ sauce in this recipe with apricot jelly or orange marmalade
- Use equal parts sweet chili sauce with grape jelly for some sweet heat
No matter which you choose, you have a really easy appetizer that takes less than 5 minutes prep. By cooking in the crockpot, it’s completely hands-off and you don’t have to take up space in the oven or on the stove.
When it’s time to go to your party, use a large rubber band to secure the lid to the handles of your crockpot if it doesn’t have a locking lid and it’ll be safe to transport with no worry of spills.
More Budget Appetizer Recipes
- Southern Pimento Cheese
- Budget-Friendly Game Day Appetizers
- Instant Pot Hummus (without tahini)
- Everything Bagel Cheese Ball
Crockpot Little Smokies Recipe
- Combine cocktail sausages and BBQ sauce in crockpot. Stir to fully coat sausages in sauce.
- Cover and cook on Low for 60 minutes.
- Keep crockpot on low or warm setting while serving to maintain heat.
If using store-bought BBQ sauce, I highly recommend Sweet Baby Ray's.
Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 100Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 7mgSodium: 401mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 0gSugar: 12gProtein: 2g
For even more budget-friendly party recipes…
Make sure to follow me on Pinterest @feastforafraction