Make Cookies and Cream ice cream easily at home without an ice cream maker. Just 4 ingredients and 10 minutes of prep time for this deliciously easy frozen treat.
As an Amazon affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Making ice cream at home is a special treat that the whole family can have fun making AND enjoy eating. Gone are the days, though, where you needed a special ice cream maker or ice and rock salt. This no churn method only requires a hand mixer or stand mixer.
- Large glass or stainless steel mixing bowl
- Hand Mixer or Stand Mixer
- Rubber Spatula
- Ice Cream Storage Container or Glass Dish or Loaf Pan
Heavy Whipping Cream: You’ll find heavy cream or heavy whipping cream in the refrigerated section by the milk and coffee creamer. I’ve even used the shelf-stable whipping cream from Trader Joe’s.
You will want the heavy whipping cream to be very cold when you are ready to whip it. Stick the beaters to your hand mixer and the bowl you’ll be using in the fridge for 20 minutes before whipping. This will help the cream whip up easily and quickly.
Sweetened Condensed Milk: Sweetened condensed milk comes in a 14 ounce can and will be in the baking section of your grocery store. Take care to make sure that you don’t grab evaporated milk. We are not adding any additional sugar to this recipe. All of the sweetness comes from the condensed milk.
Vanilla Extract: Since there are so few ingredients in this recipe, I recommend using REAL vanilla extract. It is worth it to have the pure flavor. Side note: Make your own vanilla extract using this recipe.
Sandwich Cookies: It’s probably obvious that I mean Oreo cookies, but I actually buy the generic or store brand of sandwich cookies. Same great cookies and cream flavor, just cheaper.
Also, feel free to try some of the more unique sandwich cookie flavors to add an interesting twist to your ice cream.
More Dessert Recipes
Cookies and Cream Ice Cream Recipe
- Crumble sandwich cookies by hand or place in a plastic storage bag and crush with a rolling pin. Set aside.
- Using a stand mixer or hand mixer, whip heavy cream until stiff peaks form (it holds the shape when whisk is turned upside down).
- Using a rubber spatula, fold in sweetened condensed milk and vanilla extract. Mix gently so that the heavy cream does not deflate.
- Add approximately 2/3 of the crushed cookies to the mixture and gently stir to incorporate.
- Transfer mixture to a glass 9x9 inch container or an ice cream storage container. Sprinkle remaining cookie crumbles on top.
- Cover with plastic wrap or ice cream storage container lid and freeze for 8 hours before serving.
Feel free to use any variety sandwich cookie you like. Regular sandwich cookies will give you the classic Cookies and Cream flavor.
If covering with plastic wrap, press the plastic wrap firmly to the ice cream so that ice crystals do not form during freezing.
The ice cream will keep in the freezer for up to 2 months.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 366Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 61mgSodium: 325mgCarbohydrates: 34gFiber: 2gSugar: 8gProtein: 8g