This White Chocolate Peach dump cake is so easy to make, with just five ingredients that are literally dumped in a baking dish! Studded with toasted pecans, this simple dessert is elevated with delicious flavor.
As an Amazon affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
What is a dump cake?
Dump cake is a not-so-attractive name for a cake this uses the juice from canned fruit, boxed cake mix, and butter to form an insanely easy cake. No mixing required!
Dump cake has a texture more similar to cobbler. The cake bakes up nice and toasty, and the fruit forms a delicious filling. It’s perfect served with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
We’ve made this peach dump cake even more mouthwatering by adding white chocolate chips and chopped pecans. Feel free to leave out the pecans if you are nut-free.
- Boxed Cake Mix: You can use white or vanilla boxed cake mix for this recipe. Sizes of boxed cake mix come in 15.25-16.25 ounce boxes. Any of these sizes will work.
- Canned Peaches: I prefer to use canned peaches in real juice, but you can absolutely use peaches canned in light syrup. You will need 2 (15 ounce) cans or 1 (29 ounce) can.
- White Chocolate Chips: You can use real chips or “morsels” for this recipe. You can find white chocolate chips in the baking aisle of your grocery store.
- Pecans: You will need one cup of pecans, chopped. I like to buy pecan halves and then chop them. I find that sometimes pre-chopped pecans can develop an off flavor more quickly.
- Butter: In baking, I recommend using unsalted butter. You will need one stick, or 1/2 cup, of cold butter cut into thin slices.
How to Make Dump Cake with Boxed Cake Mix
- Start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and spray a 9×13 inch baking dish with cooking spray or butter.
- Pour your canned peaches (juice included) into the baking dish.
- Sprinkle with white chocolate chips.
- Top with your cake mix of choice, spreading it into an even layer. Do NOT mix together.
- Sprinkle on your chopped pecans and then layer on the butter slices. Make sure your butter slices are distributed across the whole pan.
- Bake and enjoy!
Variations of Peach Dump Cake
- The beauty of dump cake is that is can be made with so many different flavors. Swap canned peaches for cherry or blueberry pie filling or fruit cocktail.
- Cherry pie filling would be delicious with chocolate chips and chocolate cake mix.
- You can swap the pecans for sliced almonds or walnuts, or even them out completely.
- Add a tablespoon of cinnamon to your vanilla cake mix and use canned apple pie filling for another variation.
- If you prefer to make from scratch rather than use boxed cake mix, Rachel from The Stay-at-Home Chef as a recipe here.
Can Dump Cake be frozen?
Dump cake is not ideal for freezing. Thankfully, it is so easy that you can assemble it in less than five minutes. Once baked, you can cool the cake completely and store in the fridge for up to 5 days. To reheat, you can bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes or microwave single portions for 60 seconds.
More Easy Cake Mix Desserts
- Pineapple Upside Down Fudge
- Pineapple Cake Mix Whoopie Pies
- Red Velvet Cake Mix Cookies
- 2-Ingredient Chocolate Pumpkin Muffins
- Peanut Butter Blossom Cookies
White Chocolate Pecan Dump Cake Recipe
White Chocolate Peach Dump Cake
Dump cakes are notoriously easy. This White Chocolate Peach dump cake is an amazing variation. The white chocolate melts and the pecans toast perfectly for a rich, and super easy, dessert.
- 1 (15.25 ounce) box White or Vanilla cake mix
- 2 (15 ounce) cans Sliced Peaches, undrained
- 1 cup White Chocolate chips
- 1 cup Pecans, chopped
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) Butter, cut into slices
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease a 9 x 13 inch baking dish with butter or non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour the peaches, including juice, into the baking dish and spread into a single layer.
- Sprinkle white chocolate chips over the peaches.
- Top with cake mix and spread into an even layer.
- Sprinkle chopped pecans on top.
- Top with butter slices across the whole cake.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until the edges are bubbly and the top is golden brown.
White Chocolate Peach dump cake is more of a cobbler in texture. It is perfect served with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
This cake is best served warm out of the oven, but it can be cooled and reheated. Allow to cool completely before covering and store in the refrigerator. To reheat, warm in a 350 degree oven for 10 minutes or until heated.
Feel free to use a gluten-free cake mix for a gluten-free option.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 304Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 3mgSodium: 330mgCarbohydrates: 47gFiber: 2gSugar: 29gProtein: 3g