Blended oats (or blended baked oats) are not only a viral TikTok trend, they are a super easy, delicious and satisfying breakfast option. This Apple Cinnamon Blended Oats recipe comes together in 5 minutes and bakes up like cake – but healthy and for breakfast! Bake in ramekins for individual servings and double the recipe for easy meal prep!
As an Amazon affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Regular oatmeal can get pretty boring for breakfast. These blended oats take traditional oatmeal ingredients plus an egg and give you a fluffy, cake-like breakfast that feels more like a dessert. Whether you make the recipe as is with apples and cinnamon, or try one of the variations, blended baked oats will be your new go-to breakfast.
Make one serving or two, or make a whole blender full and batch bake for the week. Mix up the blended oats batter and have everyone add theirs with their favorite toppings – diced fruit, shredded veggies, chocolate chips, peanut butter or cashew butter… The options are endless! Have fun with it!
Banana: You can use fresh or defrosted banana for this recipe as we’ll be blending it up. This is a great way to use ripe bananas that you threw in the freezer.
Milk: You’ll need 1/4 cup of your favorite milk or milk alternative. I’ve made this recipe using regular milk, soy milk and almond milk with great results every time.
Egg: We just need one egg, so use whatever you have on hand. I have included instructions in the recipe card how to make a flax egg if you are vegan or have an egg allergy.
Oats: This recipe is so forgiving that you can use quick oats, traditional rolled oats, or even a packet of instant oatmeal. You’ll need 1/2 cup or one packet.
Honey: We just need a touch of honey for sweetness. If you’re vegan, feel free to use granulated sugar or agave. If you are using a packet of sweetened oatmeal, you can leave out the honey.
Apple: I prefer Gala or Fuji apples because of their crisp, sweet flavor, but use your favorite apple variety.
Spices: You’ll need baking powder (this is what makes the blended oats rise), ground cinnamon and salt.
Equipment to Make Blended Oats
- Blender (personal size like Nutribullet or regular like Blendtec)
- Cutting Board
- Measuring Cup (these Oxo Magnetics measuring cups are my favorite!)
- Measuring Spoons
- 2 (6 ounce) Ramekins
How to Make Blended Oats
- Start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a blender, add banana, milk and honey and blend until smooth.
- Add the oats, egg, baking powder, salt and cinnamon and blend again until smooth.
- Pour the oat mixture into two ramekins and top with chopped apples.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool slightly before enjoying!
- Swap the diced apples for pears or even shredded carrots or zucchini
- Add 1 teaspoon of cocoa powder or 1/4 cup chocolate chips for a chocolate version
- To make vegan, swap honey for granulated sugar or agave and swap the egg for a flax egg (1 Tablespoon flax seed and 3 Tablespoons water mixed together and allow to sit until thickened)
- Make sure to use gluten-free rolled oats if you are gluten-free
- Replace the diced apple for 1/4 cup chopped strawberries or blueberries for a fruity variation
- Drizzle with melted peanut butter once baked
How to Store and Freeze Blended Oats
Once baked, you can allow the blended oats to cool completely and cover and store in the fridge for up to 3 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months. When you’re ready to reheat your baked oats, remove the lid and cover with a damp paper towel. Microwave for 1 minute if refrigerated or 2 minutes if frozen.
For meal prep, I like to double the recipe and bake in an 8×8 inch disposable baking dish for 40-45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Once baked, allow to cool, cut into four pieces, cover and freeze. Then, you’re able to remove one piece at a time when you’re ready to reheat for breakfast.
More Breakfast Recipes
- 25 Instant Pot Breakfast Recipes
- Applesauce Banana Bread
- Freezer-Friendly Apple Carrot Muffins
- Cherry Chia Banana Smoothie
- Homemade Pop-Tarts (Toaster Pastries)
- 2-Ingredient Chocolate Pumpkin Muffins
- Easy Pancake Tacos
Apple Cinnamon Blended Baked Oats Recipe
- 1 medium banana
- 1/4 cup milk or milk alternative
- 1 egg
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1/2 cup oats (you can use quick oats, rolled oats, or even a packet of instant oatmeal)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 apple, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place banana, milk and honey in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Add oats, egg, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Blend again until smooth.
- Pour blended oats mixture into two ramekins.
- Top with chopped apples.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly before serving.
This recipe makes two servings. You can easily double the recipe and make in a full-size blender.
Once baked, you can allow to cool completely and cover and store in the fridge for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months. This recipe is perfect for breakfast meal prep as you can bake and store or freeze and remove one at a time, as needed.
To reheat, remove lid and cover with a damp paper towel. Microwave for 1 minute if refrigerated or 2 minutes if frozen.
Variations: Swap the diced apples for pears or even shredded carrots or zucchini. Add 1 teaspoon of cocoa powder for a chocolate version. To make vegan, swap honey for granulated sugar or agave and swap the egg for a flax egg (1 Tablespoon flax seed mixed with 3 Tablespoons water).
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 301Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 105mgSodium: 237mgCarbohydrates: 51gFiber: 5gSugar: 19gProtein: 12g