Prepare decadent chocolate cookies using a boxed brownie mix with this simple recipe. These Brownie Mix Cookies will keep everyone coming back for seconds, and they are so easy to customize with whatever you have on hand!
As an Amazon affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
If you have a box of brownie mix at home and are interested in making cookies, you’re in luck! With this Brownie Mix Cookies recipe, you can easily prepare decadent chocolate cookies while spending minimal time in the kitchen.
These cookies have the perfect chocolatey taste with an incredible texture that keeps everyone coming back for more. Perfect for an after-school snack, birthday party, or even to hand out to loved ones for the holidays, these cookies are tasty, simple, and fun to prepare.
Why You’ll Love These Cookies
- It’s easy to make these cookies. You don’t need dozens of ingredients or a bunch of time to assemble them.
- You’ve got the portability of a cookie with the chewy texture and rich flavor of a brownie.
- You can mix and match mix-ins to make any variety of brownie cookie you want!
Ingredients for Brownie Mix Cookies
Brownie Mix – Grab one box of brownie mix from the pantry to prepare these cookies. You can regularly pick up boxes of brownie and cake mix for less than $2.
All-Purpose Flour – Adding 1/4 cup of flour helps the brownie mix set up more like a cookie
Vegetable Oil – Use any neutral oil you have
Eggs – I use Large eggs in baking so that there is consistency in size. If using Medium eggs, you may need to add one additional egg white.
You’ll also need a tablespoon of water and ⅓ cup of M&M candies to make these delicious cookies.
- Mixing Bowl
- Mixing Spoon
- Measuring Cup and Spoons
- Baking Pan
- Baking Liner or Silpat (optional, but highly recommend)
- Cookie Scoop
How to Make Cookies Using Brownie Mix
These cookies really are so easy with the help of boxed mix:
- Set your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and allow it to heat up while you work on preparing your cookie batter.
- Next, grab a large mixing bowl and add your brownie mix to the bowl, followed by the flour.
- Add your eggs, water, and vegetable oil into the bowl, mixing well until you achieve a smooth consistency.
- Fold your M&M’s or favorite candy into the batter and then spoon your batter on your baking sheet. A cookie scoop makes portioning these cookies so easy!
- Add a few extra M&M candies on top of each cookie before baking in your oven for approximately 12 minutes, or until the edges of the cookies are set.
- If you don’t want to use M&M candies for this recipe, you can omit them or even replace them with something else, such as Reese’s Pieces candies or chopped nuts. Use what you like!
- Allow your cookies to cool down completely before you attempt to remove them from the baking sheet. If you don’t wait, they will likely fall apart on you.
- These cookies taste amazing when served with vanilla ice cream! Consider adding a scoop or two of ice cream into a bowl and tossing a cookie on top as a finishing touch.
The brand of brownie mix doesn’t matter. You can use what you already have in your pantry. However, if you’re going shopping specifically for the ingredients needed to make this recipe, the Ghirardelli brownie mix is a great choice. Duncan Hines is another excellent option!
Yes! Feel free to add additional ingredients to your cookie better, such as mini chocolate chip morsels, mini marshmallows chopped into pieces, and even sprinkles! Customize these delicious cookies to your liking to make them perfect for you!
Once you’ve baked your cookies, allow them to cool down completely before placing them in an airtight container. You can keep them stored in an airtight container on your countertop, grabbing as many as you would like to eat! They will keep at room temperature for up to 7 days, or you can freeze for up to 2 months.
STAY IN TOUCH ON SOCIAL MEDIA – @ INSTAGRAM, @ FACEBOOK, @ PINTEREST
And don’t forget to tag @feastforafraction if you try this recipe!
More Cake Mix Recipes
- Red Velvet Cake Mix Cookies
- Peanut Butter Blossom Cookies
- White Chocolate Peach Dump Cake
- 2-Ingredient Chocolate Pumpkin Muffins
- Pineapple Cake Mix Whoopie Pies
Brownie Mix Cookies Recipe
Brownie Mix Cookies
Prepare decadent chocolate cookies using a boxed brownie mix with this simple recipe. These Brownie Mix Cookies will keep everyone coming back for seconds!
- 1 box brownie mix (16-18 ounces)
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Tablespoon water
- ⅓ cup candy + additional for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- In a large bowl, mix together brownie mix and flour.
- Stir in vegetable oil, eggs and water until you have a smooth batter.
- Next, fold in 1/3 cup of your candy or preferred mix-ins.
- Spoon batter onto prepared baking sheets (I used two), approximately 2 Tbsp for each cookie. **Be sure to space the cookies apart. The batter will spread before rising.
- Top each cookie with additional M&M’s, if desired.
- Bake for approximately 10-12 minutes, or until the edges of the cookies are set. Remove and let cool completely before removing from the tray.
Any boxed brownie mix ranging in size 15-18 ounces will work for this recipe.
Variations: Feel free to swap the M&M candies for chocolate chips, chopped nuts, mini marshmallows, or chop up your favorite candy bar. The possibilities are endless.
Storing and Freezing: These cookies will keep in an airtight container for about a week. If you find that the cookies are getting too hard, stick a slice of bread in the container. It will help keep the cookies softer longer.
You can also freeze for up to 2 months. I recommend freezing flat on a sheet pan and then transfer the cookies to a freezer bag or stack in a container. This will help them hold their shape and keep the cookies from sticking together.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 50Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 16mgSodium: 11mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 0gSugar: 2gProtein: 1g