When Trader Joe's released their "Everything" seasoning, I was in heaven! I LOVE the flavor of Everything Bagels - poppy seeds, sesame seeds, onions, garlic and salt. What's not to love? And now that I had this love in a bottle, I could put it on everything... and I did.
My eyes had been opened and I realized I needed to make this seasoning blend myself. The ingredients are really straight-forward, so it is just a matter of finding the balance for your taste. Feel free to play with the measurements to find your favorite balance of onion, garlic and salt.
I will say it is pretty important to use a course salt or a flaky sea salt so that it will hold up to the other ingredients. Table salt is a little too fine for this use.
Ideas for Using Everything Bagel Seasoning
- Season your Popcorn
- Top your Scrambled Eggs
- Finish your Avocado Toast with a little sprinkling
- Mix into Hummus or sprinkle on tip
- Sprinkle on Chicken or Fish before baking
- Mix into Cream Cheese for a delicious spread. Check out my recipe for Everything Bagel and Lox Spread
- Sprinkle on Vegetables before roasting
- Top your Baked Potato
- Add a delicious twist to Chex Mix
- 2 Tablespoons Poppy Seeds
- 1 Tablespoon White Sesame Seeds
- 1 Tablespoon Black Sesame Seeds
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Dried Minced Onion
- 1 Tablespoon Dried Minced Garlic
- 1/2 Tablespoon Course Salt
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl or jar with a lid. Stir or shake to combine. Store in a sealed container in your pantry for up to three months.
This recipe is a guideline. If you don't have a certain ingredient, like black sesame seeds, simply increase the amount of white sesame seeds. If you find that you prefer less poppy seeds, feel free to cut back on them.
It is important to use course salt or flaky sea salt in this recipe because it will hold up to the other ingredients. If you only have table salt, decrease the amount to 1/2 to 1 teaspoon.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 29Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 454mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 1gSugar: 0gProtein: 1g
Let me know in the comments what else you like to use Everything Bagel Seasoning on.