This post may contain affiliate links. This site earns a small commission from purchases made using these links at no additional cost to you, the reader.
Apple Blondies are a regular request in our household. With hints of cinnamon, they are bursting with apple flavor.
It is difficult to get my daughter to eat fruits and vegetables by choice, so I sneak them in where ever I can. Blondies are the perfect dessert to customize with a variety of fruits, but apple is definitely my favorite.
The apples can be chopped by hand or in a food processor. You want the piece to be the size of the tip of your pinkie. You could shred the apples using a box grater, but I really like to see the apple chunks in the blondies.
The texture is a little more cake-like than chewy, and would be perfect topped with a sprinkling of powdered sugar or a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Feel free to swap the apples out for another fruit or vegetable. I think this would be delicious with pears or even shredded zucchini or carrots. Let me know if you try a variation.
Soft and slightly chewy, these Apple Blondies will be the hit of any party.
- 2/3 cup Butter
- 1 1/2 cups packed Brown Sugar
- 2 Large Eggs
- 2 tsp. Vanilla
- 2 cups AP Flour
- 1/2 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
- 2 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
- 1 cup Peeled, Chopped Apples
- 1/2 cup Chopped Nuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cream butter and brown sugar in a large bowl with a hand mixer or whisk.
- Add eggs and vanilla. Beat to combine well.
- Add flour, cinnamon, baking powder and salt. Mix until just combined.
- Stir in apples and optional nuts.
- Spread batter in a greased 9x13 inch baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool completely and cut into squares.
Any variety of apple may be used. I prefer either Granny Smith for its tart flavor or Gala or Fuji for their crisp texture.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 153Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 29mgSodium: 123mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 1gSugar: 12gProtein: 2g
Check out my 10 Uses for Apple Scraps to get a second life out of your apple peelings.
2 thoughts on “Easy Apple Blondies”
These were wonderful and didn’t last long. Next time I will make a double batch.
So glad you enjoyed them!! And thank you for the comment, Kathy!