Ready in 15 minutes, this Instant Pot Fettuccine Alfredo recipe is going to be your new favorite weeknight dinner. It’s the perfect one-pot meal with lots of flavors and hardly any work. Plus, it’s rich, creamy, and so delicious!
As an Amazon affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This quick and easy recipe for pressure cooker fettuccine alfredo is both satisfying and budget-friendly. It uses inexpensive and easy-to-find ingredients, which makes it one of my go-to pasta dinners. For more Instant Pot pasta recipes, make sure to try our Instant Pot American Goulash, Instant Pot Chicken Spaghetti, or Instant Pot Spaghetti
Ingredients for Instant Pot Fettuccine Alfredo
Pasta: Fettuccine is the recommended pasta for this dish since it’s the traditional choice. You can use another type of pasta like penne or farfalle if you prefer.
Chicken Broth: This is what the pasta is going to cook in instead of water. It adds flavor and saltiness to the pasta as it pressure cooks.
Heavy Cream: For a creamy Alfredo sauce, you have to use cream. You can substitute milk or half and half if you want, but the sauce will not be as thick and creamy.
Parmesan Cheese: I prefer freshly grated if possible but you can buy grated parmesan cheese at the grocery store as well. I also like to have a little extra to sprinkle on top of served portions because who doesn’t like more cheese?
Butter: Alfredo sauce is both cheesy and a little buttery. I like to use unsalted butter to control the salt level but use what you have on hand.
Garlic: Minced garlic is another staple ingredient. If I am looking for a shortcut, I use the jar of minced garlic that you can get from the store. You can also mince your own garlic cloves and store them in olive oil and it will keep for months.
Salt and Pepper: Add these to taste. A dash of each is enough but you can taste the sauce after the fettuccine is cooked and determine if you need more of them.
Parsley: This is a nice fresh garnish to add some green to your plate. It’s completely optional but I love adding it.
- Instant Pot
- Liquid and Dry Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Cutting Board
- Tongs or Pasta Server
How to Make Instant Pot Alfredo
- First, you are going to add your chicken broth to the Instant Pot. Then, you are going to add the heavy cream, butter slices, garlic, and fettuccine. Break the fettuccine in half so it fits in the pot and can be submerged into the liquid. This will ensure that it cooks evenly and thoroughly. I like to place the halved pasta in a criss-cross pattern with one layer laying one direction and the second layer crossing the other direction. This helps keep the pasta from sticking together. Do not stir it!
- Put on the lid and cook on high pressure for about 8 minutes. After it has finished cooking, let the pressure release naturally for about 5 minutes before quickly releasing the remaining.
- After all of the pressure has been released, stir in the parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper. This is your chance to taste test to see if it needs more seasoning.
- Garnish with fresh parsley once all of the cheese has melted. Serve as is or with your favorite veggie or protein. Enjoy!
What to Serve with Fettuccine Alfredo
Alfredo noodles are delicious on their own, or you can add to it to make it an even more filling meal! Here are some suggestions.
- Steamed Broccoli
- Roasted Asparagus
- Baked Chicken Leg Quarters
- Grilled Chicken Breast
- Sauteed Shrimp
Storing and Reheating Fettuccine Alfredo
You can store leftover fettuccine alfredo in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. When reheating, you can use a microwave-safe bowl. I recommend adding a splash of water or milk to loosen up the pasta.
Instead of the microwave, you can reheat in a small saucepan on the stovetop over low heat. Add in a splash of water or milk to loosen the noodles as it heats.
More Instant Pot Recipes
- Instant Pot Basmati Rice
- Instant Pot Hummus
- Instant Pot Corned Beef
- Instant Pot Sloppy Joes
- Instant Pot Recipes for Beginners
- 10 oz fettuccine
- 1 ½ cup chicken broth
- 1 ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 cup parmesan cheese - grated
- ¼ cup butter - thinly sliced
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- Dash of salt & pepper
- Garnish: fresh parsley
- Start by adding the chicken broth to the Instant Pot.
- Add heavy cream, sliced butter, and dry fettuccine pasta (broken in half). Do not stir.
- Cook on high pressure for 8 minutes. Once cooking time is complete, let the pressure release naturally for 5 minutes, then quick release the remaining.
- Open the lid, stir in the parmesan, salt & pepper.
- Once the cheese has melted and you have a creamy consistency, garnish with fresh parsley and enjoy!