These apple blondies are a regular request in our household. It is difficult to get my daughter to eat fruits and vegetables my choice, so I sneak them in where ever I can. Blondies are the perfect dessert to customize with a variety of fruits, but apple is definitely my favorite.
The texture of these blondies is a little more cake-like than chewy, and would be perfect topped with a sprinkling of powdered sugar or a scoop of vanilla ice cream.Print
Soft and slightly chewy, these Apple Blondies will be the hit of any party.
2/3 cup Butter
1 1/2 cups packed Brown Sugar
2 Large Eggs
2 tsp. Vanilla
2 cups AP Flour
1/2 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
2 tsp. Baking Powder
1/4 tsp. Salt
1 cup Peeled, Chopped Apples
1/2 cup Chopped Nuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cream butter and brown sugar in a large bowl with a hand mixer or whisk.
- Add eggs and vanilla. Beat to combine well.
- Add flour, cinnamon, baking powder and salt. Mix until just combined.
- Stir in apples and optional nuts.
- Spread batter in a greased 9×13 inch baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool completely and cut into squares.
Any variety of apple may be used. I prefer either Granny Smith for its tart flavor or Gala or Fuji for their crisp texture.